Tuesday, August 26, 2008

on cheese

As I sat eating my grilled cheese sandwich I thought, “this is the third cheese centered meal I have in the last two days.” The morning before I made myself a cheese omelet; cook an egg, grate a bunch of cheese onto it, fold it in half and vuala! For lunch that day my choices were limited so I whipped out the tortillas and made my dad and me several quesadillas. Mmmm… And then there is my grilled cheese sandwich. That does not include the cream cheese smothered bagel half I ate this morning. It can’t really say it was cheese centered, just cheese smothered. I love cheese! Cheese makes everything better. Like a Root Beer Float on a rough day, or a Band-Aid on a my nieces scraped knee. Cheese just takes food and says, "I make this taste good!" It is like a man and a woman, they are cool by themselves but put them together and they are so much more. Apples are good and tasty but when you take an apple wedge and a slice of cheese and eat them together you really have something, or some feta in a garden salad. And there are so many cheeses to choose from, if one doesn't suit you then there is still a plethora of choices; cheddar, Gouda, Havarti, Swiss, Mozzarella, nacho cheese, pepper jack, feta, blue cheese, Gorgonzola, Cotswold, Parmesan, wensleydale, string cheese, ricotta, Colby, and (if you must) "American Cheese," to name a very select few.

You can have it as h'orderves (cheese and crakers), appetizers (asiago cheese puffs), main course (cheese enchilladas), and dessert (cheese cake); and you wont get cheesed out. Oh ho ho, cheese cake; who can deny that Cheese cake is the best cake out there? In the cake world cheese once again takes first. And with frosting, why settle for plain chocolate frosting when you can have chocolate cream cheese frosting? cheese is everywhere and it is everything great! Cheese makes everything better. I love cheese.


1 comment:

  1. I have said cheese 29 times in this post. And that makes thirty.

    ReplyDelete