Monday, December 17, 2007

what's in a name

“Family is the most important thing to protect.” I was watching an episode of the old TV show The Pretender recently and this quote popped up. Brigham Young once said that whatever is true is part of our religion. It is wonderful to me how you can find truth everywhere, even on TV. I think that family is one of the most important things to protect. I think that along with that is good name. One thing that a family gives you is a name and that, to me, is something worth protecting, honoring, living up to. I am proud to say that I am a Pinnegar, and hope that I will continue to be all my life. I think it is a name worth having but know that it takes a lot to be Pinnegar. Not everyone can pull it off, in fact not too many people at all can. Maybe that is the trouble in dating and relationships; it is a matter of finding some girl who can manage to pull it off. It is not something that someone just naturally comes by, very few people (percentage wise) are born with it. I got lucky. Back to the name though, I had the thought a while ago about the Pinnegar name. I thought “what does it mean to be a Pinnegar?” The thought was inspired by boss-man saying something on the lines of “that’s a Pinnegar for ya” or “that is such a Pinnegar thing to do.” I won't bore you with that list her but think about your own name and what it means to you. I am glad I am a Pinnegar and hope that I can live up to the name I have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment