Saturday, December 8, 2007

a place to remember

I gave notice today at work that I am only there for a short time longer. I will be moving to Utah at the beginning of the year so will no longer be working for RPM. Giving notice makes everything official in my mind. Before it was something I have wanted to do, now it is something I am doing. I was planning on giving notice yesterday after work but was not really able to so it was one of the first things I did this morning. It made for a rough day. RPM has been a wonderful company to me, I have learned so much from working there and they have at times gone out of there way to assist my desires. The people I have worked with over the years there have been family, in fact my brothers have often teased me that I love RPM as a family more than I loved them. Of course this was never true but RPM has always treated me well and has given me more than just a job over the years I have worked there. It is said that if you love your job than you never have to work a day in your life. RPM has been that job for me. Recently it has been difficult for me to love my job, not to the fault of RPM, maybe a few frustrations here and there but, mainly because I have felt my life to be slowing to a stand still in recent months. I have felt as though my life is stagnating, I am not moving anywhere and want to be, and should be. I tried moving forward but with no success. Thank you RPM but it is time to move on. Thank you Brent. Thank you all the many wonderful coworkers whom I have learned so much from while working with. Thank you Lonna.

There are still many uncertainties about my moving but if I wait for everything to be certain (if it ever would be) I would watch that certainty pass right by me. Now is the time. 2007 has been a great year for me. I have learned so so much, and feel that I have grown just as much. 2008 is a new year, a year of possibilities. I have no idea what many of those possibilities will be but do know that I am excited to face them.

No comments:

Post a Comment