Friday, November 30, 2007

don't bother


So there is this billboard on highway 50 that i pass on a fairly frequent basis. It is for We're Organized Premium Garage Cabinets and shows the picture to the right with contact information and the business name. This Billboard has always seemed to me as a bad, or ineffective, advertisement. To me it is saying that only rich people with loads of money can afford the services of this company. It says "You can't afford us so don't even bother calling to get an estimate." How many people own Dodge Vipers in the Sacramento area anyway? Perhaps that is the image they want to display to keep from having to deal with cheap people but to me it has alway struck me as an ineffective ad. But maybe that is only because I don't have a Viper sitting in my garage; heck, I don't even have a garage.

2 comments:

  1. I've always gotten the impression that I couldn't afford this business too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is one of these stores by my house. They have a nice car in the middle of the showroom. I've always wondered, "How did they get that car in the building, did they build the room around it, and what if they decide they want to move it? Will they have to take out the front window/wall?"

    ReplyDelete