Thursday, September 11, 2008

hope

It is my opinion that every single person that breathes has to possess faith.

Everyone dreams. Dreams are a byproduct of thought, an enthusiasm for the future- those that don’t have it stop living. Equating Darwin’s theory of Natural Selection the humans that evolve to possess dreams produce offspring that too possess and nurture dreams. Dreams require hope. As I have mentioned dreams emit an enthusiasm for the future. An enthusiasm sprung from hope; hope for a brighter, happier future. James E Faust of the Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints taught that “hope is the anchor of our souls.” It truly is. It gives us something to hold on to, some constant in a sea of uncertainty. No one, try as he might, can remove from a person his hope. If you have the ability to think you have the ability to think positively, which radiates hope. In my gospel studies I have come to understand that hope and faith are interconnected, I have heard them referred to as the double-helix attribute of the gospel. As faith increases so does hope which in return produces more faith and thus it perpetuates. The reverse also being true, hope is diminished as faith withers and this perpetual circle is held together with the fragile strings of a principle called work. Faith requires action. There is no point in hoping for a brighter tomorrow if you don’t possess any inkling of faith that you will be around to participate in it. That is faith. Faith is possessed by all. However in order for faith to lead to salvation it must be centered in Jesus Christ (TF pg.54). That is a different story and is left to each individual to eventually strive for. Do my dreams get in the way or go against what I should be doing? I have asked this many times. Do my dreams overpower the promptings the Lord is willing to send me? Is it a trial of faith and patience, or a warning to divert from unseen harm? I can only know as sure as I know my heart and at times I feel to say that I don’t know me that well. As I review my surroundings and my friends and family, and their direction I feel to answer no; and thus I press onward. I love my parents and am most grateful for loving parents. The world can use a loving parent (preferably two) for every person out there, but unfortunately that is not the case.
There is never nothing to write about you just have to be willing to put forth a little effort. Before writing this evening several different thoughts popped in and out of mind. I have no idea now what they were and may never know. What maters is what is written, that is what caught my attention and what I have chosen to share.


Joseph Smith says, “If men were duly to consider themselves, and turn their thoughts and reflections to the operations of their own minds, they would readily discover that it is faith, and faith only, which is the moving cause of all action in them; that without it both mind and body would be in a state of inactivity, and all their exertions would cease, both physical and mental.”

No comments:

Post a Comment