Thursday, January 3, 2008

grammar

I have no idea why I am posting about grammar I am hardly qualified on the subject; I have been speaking the language for about 22 years now so here it goes. I threw an amazing going away party for 2007 the other day. To many it was a New Year's Eve party but to me it was a Celebration for 2007, the amazing year that it was. Many people that evening and the following day were liberal in their offering me a Happy New Year and for that I thank them. The end of one year and the beginning of a next is a wonderful time to reflect and to start afresh, keeping in mind that that can be done whenever such a thing is needed. Perhaps one goal for some at this time could be that of grammar. Now correct me if I am wrong but, some might wish a Happy New Years upon some one. Please refrain from doing this. Instead these individuals might be obliged to wish a Happy New Year to associates. Countless others may have the opportunity this year to attend a New Year's Eve party at which they may offer a New Year's toast or wish someone a blessed New Year's Day or complement the host on a wonderful New Year's Eve party. These people may be met with funny faces if at the stroke of midnight or the drop of a ball they scream out Happy New Year's! That could be an embarrassing experience so to prevent such an occurrence it may do these people well to touch up on their grammar this year. I know that I will be. One grammar tip that I may offer is that in an interjection or subject change it is proper to say anyway, not anyways; that will get you every time if you are not careful.

Happy New Year everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment