Sunday, January 27, 2008

unfinished thought

You ever have a thought and write half of it down but then get busy and forget to finish it? Or formulate an idea and start talking only to realize that that idea was only half realized and was interrupted by the opening of the mouth? We have all done it. I have a thought that I started to record one day but did not finish. Now I have a good portion of a thought recorded with no idea where I was headed with it. I suppose I could continue with the thought in a direction that seems suiting but then it wouldn’t really be the same. I can’t just leave it. I have noticed several of these occurrences in my journal- lying in bed at 11:00 or 12:00 at night, tired ready to go to bed but want to jot down the proceedings of the day. So I start and soon realize that I had more than I thought I had to say so I put it down telling myself that I will finish it the next night only to get to the next night and find myself in the same predicament. It is a vicious cycle. It was an excellent stopping point, it really was. It is just too bad that it gives no hint or insight to the next sentence. I know there was more to be said but what? Not what would make sense coming next but what had I meant to say next. That’s the killer. It is just enough to clearly be going somewhere but not quite enough to know where that where is. It was something masterful, something crafty, something thought provoking; I know it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment