Friday, April 4, 2008

point of view

Every story has two sides. That is the trouble with life. That is the one thing that causes the most problems. I think I said once that it was humanities forgetful nature but I think that the inability/ unwillingness to understand is greater. If each person could simply understand where the other person is ‘coming from’ and respect that then life would be much more passive. Today there was an event at my work that I was not a witness to but was given the details of by my coworkers who played a role in it and then, later this evening I was given the opposing sides story as related by the sister-in-law of the costumer involved. Both sides I am sure have truth to them but I also understand that I was told the one side by a direct contributor and the other by a third party, merely a relay of one sided information. Both sides are naturally bias so where is the truth and how is it uncovered? It is just a curious thing that the same thing, whatever it may be, can be seen so differently by different people just standing at different angles to the object. Point of view is what people are made of. We all come from different circumstances and thus perceive things differently. And it is amazing to me how different the views are sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment