Friday, September 4, 2009

year end goals

I don't believe in New Year Resolutions. I don't have anything to resolve. I set goals, yearly goals. Goals and resolutions do not do any good though if you don't look at them from time to time. So it is the beginning of September, how are your goals coming along? I looked at the goals I wrote down in January today and I think I am going pretty well. There were a few that I did not even remember so it is good that I looked at them. Three have already been completed and the others are on there way, one needs a lot more work though.

Look at your goals, make some new ones. Goals are important so if you don't have any GET SOME. Goals keep you young.

I used to have trouble with goals, thinking they needed to be some sort of elaborate big thing. They don't. you can set big or long term goals but those need to be accompanied but smaller goals, like checkpoints. Big, longterm goals are useless with out these smaller goals. And then with smaller goals you make plans. Now you have to be careful because plans change. Don't let them change to frequently that you don't meet your goals. Adapt accordingly. If a goal is bigger than one task break it down into smaller bites.

Remember SMART goals- Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-based.

No comments:

Post a Comment