Sunday, March 22, 2009

traffic patterns

I wonder if in Europe people walk around in the malls the opposite direction?

It occurs to me that in malls foot traffic seems to flow in the same manner as vehicle traffic. It is not a strict pattern but for the most part what ever mall I seem to step in to, opposite direction traffic is on the left and the stores closest to the right- a counter-clockwise direction of travel. So if other countries people drive on the opposite side of the road than we do here in seemingly backward land of America than which way do the great people of those lands wander around in their malls? I would find it peculiar if the majority wandered in a counter-clockwise manner. People naturally fall into patterns they are familiar with. Here in the states people are comfortable with generally counter-clockwise movement. Other countries are not as familiar with this motion so I would expect the majority of citizens to wander their malls in a generally clockwise direction.

2 comments:

  1. I am a weaver myself but we aren't your typical, do what everyone else does people.

    ReplyDelete