Monday, May 12, 2008

mothers

Mother's Day was the other day and I got so busy with preparing my talk that I forgot to write my thoughts on mothers. My mother is a very special mom. She is amazing. I love my mother and I am glad that she know that. Without mothers I firmly believe that the world would fall apart, reverting to chaos and disaster. "Family: A Proclamation to the World" says that the disintegration of the family (of which mothers are a key part) will bring upon communities, nations and countries grave calamities. Without mothers society would be a chaotic nightmare. With this thought in mind this past week, thinking that without mothers nations would fall, I read a familiar church hymn and realized that though it is not about mothers its words speak of mothers and what they do.

They the builders of the Nation blazing trails along the way;
Stepping stones for generations were there deeds of every day.
Building new and firm foundations, pushing on the wild frontier,
forging onward ever onward

Service ever was their watch-cry love became their guiding star;
Courage their unfailing beacon, radiating near and far.
Every day some burden lifted, every day some heart to cheer,
Every day some hope the brighter

As an ensign to the nation they unfurled the flag of truth,
Pillar, guide, and inspiration to the hosts of waiting youth.
Honor, praise, and veneration to the founders we revere!
List our song of adoration
Blessed, Honored Mother Dear!

I am certainly grateful for mothers. I am especially grateful for my mother. She has taught me so much and continues to teach by her loving example.

No comments:

Post a Comment