Monday, June 15, 2009

shopping carts

How often do you go shopping? Once a week? Twice a week? Once every other week? Do you use a buggie (shopping cart)? I wondered today as I pushed one around, how many people have pushed this same cart? How many different hands have touched this same handle? You never see anybody wash shopping carts; at least I never have. Interesting! Other things don't raise such a thought in my mind because I see people wash them, or know that there is a person in charge of washing them. But what about shopping cart handles? Perhaps that is how pandemics spread.

1 comment:

  1. We sometimes go shopping every week. Except we just went today for the first time in a month... we kind of got off schedule there.

    Some stores (E.g. Raley's and Safeway) now offer sanitizing wipes near the door after you walk in specifically for sanitizing your cart handle. I don't know if this is just a California thing - can you find them where you are?

    ReplyDelete